Instead of reaching for packaged snacks, here are 31 yummy whole food snack ideas for every day of the month!
Eating every 2-4 hours has truly helped my digestive system over the past year. The key for me is to make sure I have lots of healthy & nutritious whole food snack options on hand. They don't have to be complex! Something as simple as carrot sticks with a container of store-bought hummus can fight those mid-day munchies.
What are the best whole food snacks?
The best whole food snacks for you are the ones that taste the best to you and are the easiest to prep! Any whole food snack option will be a healthier choice than something processed or packaged. I'm a busy mom who works full time, so I like simple snacks that I don't have to prep like chopped veggies and a healthy dip. However, you might enjoy a more complex tasting snack like peanut butter energy bites and have time to prep those for the week.
How can you make a whole food snack taste better?
If you don't like the bland taste of plain vegetables or fruit, my suggestion is to experiment with seasonings, sauces and dips. Kale chips taste exponentially more interesting sprinkled with herbs and parmesan, and you can make plain yogurt taste like a luxe dip with your favourite spices and herbs mixed in.
31 Whole Food Snack Ideas
- Apple slices with natural nut butter
- Baby carrots with hummus
- Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Frozen grapes
- Egg Bites
- A handful of mixed nuts
- Air popped plain popcorn
- Greek yogurt and berries
- Parmesan Kale Chips
- Cucumber slices topped with tuna
- Banana halves with topped with natural nut butter, chopped nuts & hemp hearts
- Cucumber slices with Greek yogurt spiced with dill, garlic powder, salt & pepper
- Sprouted whole grain toast with natural nut butter
- Boiled egg sprinkled with Everything Bagel seasoning
- Maple Coffee Latte
- ½ an avocado sprinkled with sea salt, lime juice & chili pepper flakes
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Chia Pudding
- Sweet Potato Toast topped with your favourite veggies
- Organic string cheese
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Sliced bell peppers with hummus
- Sliced tomato sprinkled with sea salt & balsamic dressing and topped with arugula
- Roasted seaweed (nori) sheet topped with tuna
- Mixed vegetable slices with guacamole
- Scrambled eggs with spinach, salt & pepper
- Caprese salad
- Deviled eggs
- Fruit skewers with banana slices, grapes, strawberries & clementine slices
- Whisps cheese crisps
- Nut-Free Trail Mix
Let me know if you have any more whole food snacking favourites in the comments below!
What do you think?