Looking for a satisfying and yummy breakfast idea that’s quick to make? This Greek yogurt breakfast bowl with nut butter & fresh fruit is one I eat often and it’s so easy to put together.
Over the past year or so I’ve been focusing a lot on eating a nutritious breakfast full of protein and healthy fats. Because I’m a busy mom of 3, I don’t often have a ton of time to prep something. That’s where this Greek yogurt breakfast bowl comes in! It’s a snap to assemble on busy mornings and it’s SO good. Yogurt is a good source of calcium and protein to start my day off right.
(Looking for more quick breakfast ideas & healthy breakfast recipes? I have a whole post on them right here!)
My yogurt breakfast bowl has simple ingredients and no added sugar. The added fruit, nut butter, coconut and seeds transforms the plain yogurt base into such a delicious dish. I can put this together in 5 minutes flat and I always crave it! It’s the perfect healthy breakfast when I’m too busy to make something more complex.
- plain Greek yogurt (I use 2-5% fat)
- hemp hearts
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- chia seeds (or a mix of seeds and grains like this one)
- natural nut & seed butter
See recipe card for quantities.
Spoon the Greek yogurt into a shallow bowl. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients on top.
Mix & enjoy!
Hint: for added protein, I always add hemp hearts to my yogurt breakfast bowl. They have a nutty taste and complement the Greek yogurt well. It’s one of my favorite toppings for yogurt!
- Raspberries – instead of raspberries, use your favourite berry (or a mix)
- Greek yogurt – substitute the Greek yogurt for coconut yogurt if you’re avoiding dairy
- Chia seeds – swap the chia seeds for another favourite kind of seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or pomegranate seeds
This nut butter, coconut, hemp hearts, seeds & raspberries yogurt bowl recipe is my favorite combination. However, there are endless yogurt breakfast bowl combos you could make. Here are some ideas:
- Tropical – swap the berries with cubed mango and fresh pineapple for a tropical twist on this yogurt bowl. Add some banana slices.
- Sweet – drizzle the yogurt bowl with 1 tsp of maple syrup for added sweetness. You can also use a drizzle of honey.
- Protein yogurt bowl – for even more protein, mix 1 tbsp of your favourite protein powder into the yogurt before adding the toppings
- Yogurt parfait – add some homemade granola to the top of the yogurt bowl for added crunch
Food Prep / Storage
You could create a few of these yogurt bowls in advance by layering the toppings over the yogurt in an airtight container like a mason jar. They would keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Once you’re ready to enjoy one, mix it together and eat.
1 cup of Greek yogurt usually has around 24g of protein, so that’s a nice amount to start the day with. I usually add hemp seeds & chia seeds to my yogurt bowl for even more protein. There’s about 33g of protein in this particular yogurt breakfast bowl recipe.
This is personal preference, but I usually find that Greek yogurt feels lighter than eggs. That’s why I usually prefer it if I’m not ultra hungry in the morning.
I prefer Liberte Greek Yogurt here in Canada, and I usually get the 2-5% fat variety. I find the full fat Greek yogurt has a creamy texture and the added fat helps me feel more satisfied.
Delicious Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowl with Nut Butter & Berries
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Spoon the Greek yogurt into a shallow bowl. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients on top.
- Mix together and enjoy!