If you’re like me and enjoy physically writing things down to keep track of to-do lists, you’ll love my free printable meal planner and grocery shopping list!
Become a Yummy Whole Food Recipes Insider and get:
- a free weekly recipe sent right to your inbox
- a free printable meal planner & grocery list PDF download
What’s a whole food diet?
A whole food is a food that’s as close to its natural, unprocessed form as possible.1 Whole foods include whole grains, fruits and vegetables, lean meats like chicken and fish, milk, yogurt, legumes, nuts, and seeds. You can read more about it and how it changed my life right here.
Why should I plan my meals?
There are many benefits to taking a few minutes each week to plan your meals & make a matching grocery shopping list:
- it helps you make healthier food choices
- you save time grocery shopping because you know exactly what you need
- you save money because you won’t buy foods you haven’t planned to eat
- food waste is reduced because you won’t buy foods you haven’t planned to eat
- it reduces the stress of that daily question: “WHAT should I make for dinner?!”
- it may introduce you to new meal ideas!
A free 7 day whole food meal plan to get you started
Have no clue where to begin when it comes to eating a (mostly) whole food diet? I have a simple 7 day whole food meal plan with links to free recipes right here.
Use this starter whole food meal plan as a guideline for your week of eating, and fill out your free printable meal planner and grocery list with my recommended meals & grocery items.
- Lisa Young, PhD, RDN, author of Finally Full, Finally Slim: https://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-nutrition/whole-foods-diet/