Looking for a tasty, nutritious snack that’s easy to prep and store for the week? These peanut butter energy bites are delicious and one of my favourite quick snacks!
If you’re looking for a protein-packed afternoon snack with some sweetness, this is one of my favourites! These peanut butter energy bites almost taste like cookie dough, but they have nutritious ingredients.
These little bites can also be a yummy addition to one of these easy breakfast ideas!
- natural peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- rolled oats
- hemp hearts (these are my favourite hemp hearts)
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- mini chocolate chips (optional)
See recipe card for quantities.
In a mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
Form into 1″ balls & refrigerate until firm.
Hint: Make these gluten free by ensuring your oats are gluten free, and make these vegan by using a vegan sticky sweetener like agave or maple syrup.
- Honey – instead of honey, use maple syrup or agave syrup for a vegan option
- Natural peanut butter – instead of peanut butter, use your favourite nut butter
Peanut Butter Energy Bites Variations
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of cocoa powder to add more chocolate flavour to these energy bites
- Instead of peanut butter, try almond butter or a mixed nut butter for a different taste
You can store these energy bites in a lidded container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave or maple syrup for a vegan version)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips (look for sugar free) optional
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Form into 1" balls.
- Refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours).
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.