Looking for a tasty, nutritious snack that’s easy to prep and store for the week? These peanut butter plant based energy balls are delicious and one of my favourite quick snacks!
If you’re looking for a protein-packed afternoon snack with some sweetness, this is one of my favourites! These peanut butter no bake energy bites almost taste like cookie dough, but they have nutritious, simple ingredients.
Not only are these great for healthy snacking, but these little bites can also be a yummy addition to one of these easy breakfast ideas!
- natural peanut butter
- pure maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- rolled oats
- hemp hearts (these are my favourite hemp hearts)
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- mini dark chocolate chips (optional)
See recipe card for quantities.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients. Alternatively, you can mix these in a food processor.
Form into 1 inch balls & refrigerate until firm.
Hint: Make these gluten free by ensuring you’re using certified gluten-free oats.
- Maple Syrup – instead of maple syrup, you can use agave syrup.
- Natural peanut butter – instead of peanut butter, use your favourite nut or seed butter like sunflower butter, almond butter or cashew butter
Peanut Butter Energy Bites Variations
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of cocoa powder to add more chocolate flavour to these energy bites
- Substitute the hemp seeds for flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, or a mix of them all
You can store these energy bites in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. If you’re storing these no bake energy balls in layers, place a sheet of parchment paper in between each layer. They taste wonderful chilled or at room temperature.
Peanut Butter Plant Based Energy Balls Recipe
Peanut Butter Plant Based Energy Balls
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup mini dark chocolate chips (look for sugar free) optional
- In a large mixing bowl or a food processor, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours).
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
These nutrition values are estimates only. Read my full nutrition disclaimer here.