Craving a fresh, crunchy lunch packed with delicious veggies? Look no further than this tangy and delicious Greek salad! My version has lettuce and spinach, but no onions. It’s such a yummy lunch and so easy to put together.
My mom and dad took over our garden this year since we haven’t had time to maintain it the past couple of years. This week, Mom asked me to pick some of the lettuce and spinach before it went bad. I used it to create this incredibly delicious Greek style salad and I LOVE how it turned out! It’s the perfect lunch during the hot summer months.
I’m not a huge fan of raw onions, so this Greek salad omits those and includes the fresh leafy greens instead. In addition to being a great main dish, it would also be a fabulous side to a roasted chicken dinner.
- Spring greens
- baby spinach
- bell pepper
- cherry tomato
- feta cheese
- Kalamata olives
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- balsamic vinegar
- dried oregano
- granulated garlic
See recipe card for quantities.
To begin, cut the cucumber, tomato and bell pepper into bit sized pieces. Put the oil, lemon juic, balsamic vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt & pepper in a small lidded mason jar and shake to combine.
In a large shallow bowl layer the vegetables, cheese and olives over the Spring greens and spinach. Pour the homemade dressing over the Greek salad and enjoy!
Hint: You can quadruple the salad dressing recipe to store some of the dressing to use in your salads throughout the week.
- Lettuce – instead of spring greens and spinach, you can use your favourite lettuce.
- Feta cheese – swap the cheese for marinated & baked cubes of tofu for a vegan salad.
I love to make dressings in small 4 oz. mason jars. It’s so easy to simply combine the ingredients and shake them up until the dressing forms! Plus, lidded jars are so easy to store in the fridge so that I can enjoy my dressings all week long.
Store the chopped vegetables separately from the leafy greens and salad dressing for up to a week. Then, combine them when you’re ready to enjoy your salad later.
Yummy Greek Salad (with lettuce and no onions)
- 1 4 oz mason jar
- 1 cup spring greens
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cucumber
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup cubed feta cheese
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Chop the cherry tomatoes, cucumber & bell pepper into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large shallow bowl, layer the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta cheese & bell pepper over the spring greens and baby spinach.
- In a small mason jar, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Put the lid on the jar and shake until the ingredients combine to make a dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, mix and enjoy your Greek salad.
These nutrition values are estimates only. Read my full nutrition disclaimer here.