Delicious Quinoa Salad
Do you remember the “Jennifer Aniston Salad” that went viral last year? Well, this version of the salad is even better than the original. If you like quinoa salad, you’ll love this version with loads of feta cheese, chick peas, and veggies.
Last year, I made the viral “Jennifer Aniston salad” (which apparently she never even ate). I really liked it, but I thought it could use a few tweaks to make it even yummier. In my version, I’ve added my roasted chickpeas instead of raw ones, and added even more feta cheese. I hope you love my version of this delicious quinoa salad with feta cheese, cucumber, roasted chickpeas and lots of flavour!
- quinoa, cooked
- roasted chickpeas
- cucumber, chopped
- parsley, chopped
- mint, chopped
- red onion, chopped
- roasted pistachios, chopped
- crumbled feta cheese
- fresh lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & ground pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl.
Mix the ingredients together with tongs and serve.
Hint: You can let the salad marinate in the fridge for 2-4 hours before serving to let all of the flavours meld together.
- Quinoa – instead of quinoa, you can used cooked bulgur wheat
- Pistachios – use roasted pumpkin seeds instead of pistachios for a nut-free version
This makes quite a large salad, so make it at the beginning of the week to enjoy for easy lunches all week long! It tastes even better after day one.
Delicious Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Roast chickpeas according to my how-to directions, chop the cucumber, onion, pistachios and herbs. Juice the lemons.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix together.
- Serve immediately, or let marinate in the fridge in a covered container for at least 4 hours for a better flavor.
These nutrition values are estimates only. Read my full nutrition disclaimer here.
I had to substitute Arborio rice for the quinoa. We are gluten free ( celiac) in the house and I wasn’t sure about a true gluten free quinoa. Great salad! Thank you for sharing your recipes and the whole foods site. I have been studying it this past week to make some changes for me as I work with menopause.
I’m so happy to hear you found a sub and that you liked the salad. Thanks for following along with me here and all the best with the changes!