Looking for a flavourful salad for lunch or as a side dish for dinner? Look no further than this beautiful and scrumptious strawberry spinach salad with a delicious maple dijon dressing!
I’m always craving salad for lunch when it gets warmer outside in the Spring and Summer. But it can’t just be ANY salad. It has to be chock full of delicious and colourful ingredients, and it has to be super flavourful… no boring salads for me!
This salad is a definite keeper and it’ll be on my lunch rotation all season long. That is, when I’m not making a delicious Buddha Bowl like this one. The spinach & arugula blend is tart, the strawberries are sweet, the walnuts are crunchy, and the cheese is soft. A homemade dijon mustard & maple syrup dressing is the perfect topping. Let me show you how to make this amazing strawberry spinach salad!
- feta cheese
- chopped walnuts
- chia seeds
- maple syrup
- dijon mustard
- granulated garlic
- apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
See recipe card for quantities.
In a small mason jar, combine the maple syrup, mustard, garlic, vinegar, olive oil & salt. Place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously until the dressing is combined.
Place the spinach and arugula in a large bowl. Top with chopped strawberries, crumbled feta, chopped walnuts and chia seeds. Drizzle the maple dijon dressing over the salad & enjoy.
Hint: You can double (or quadruple!) the maple dijon dressing recipe and save the rest for later in the week. It’s delicious on most salads, or as a sauce for chicken or fish.
- Strawberries – instead of strawberries, chopped cherry tomatoes also taste good in this salad
- Feta cheese – use goat cheese instead of feta cheese for a different taste
I love to make dressings in small 4 oz. mason jars. It’s so easy to simply combine the ingredients and shake them up until the dressing forms! Plus, lidded jars are so easy to store in the fridge so that I can enjoy my dressings all week long.
This salad doesn’t store well once prepared, but you can chop and store the individual ingredients in the fridge so that it’s easier to make the salad anytime.
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Maple Dijon Dressing
- 1 small mason jar
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small mason jar, place the lid on top, and shake vigorously until combined.
- Place the spinach and arugula in a large bowl. Top with chopped strawberries, crumbled feta, chopped walnuts and chia seeds. Drizzle the maple dijon dressing over the salad & enjoy.
These nutrition values are estimates only. Read my full nutrition disclaimer here.