If you’re craving eggs for breakfast, this everything bagel omelette is easy to make and tastes so yummy! The everything bagel spices add so much flavour, and you’ll be making this recipe on repeat.
One of my daughters’ absolute favourite breakfasts are omelettes. I love them too because they’re a delicious way to start the day off with a high protein breakfast. My husband also loves omelettes. In fact, I believe that’s one of the reasons he married me: I lured him in with my fabulous omelette making skills! 😉 (I’m also pretty good at making these egg bites!)
This recipe is my basic recipe that I’ve been making for years, but it’s made special with the addition of a yummy spice blend. I use a pre-made everything bagel spice blend to make these, but you could also make your own everything bagel spice blend.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these scrumptious everything bagel omelettes:
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped spinach
- chopped bell pepper
- chopped cooked ham
- everything bagel seasoning
See recipe card for quantities.
Beat the eggs until they’re fluffy and then pour them into a hot non-stick skillet.
Add the chopped bell pepper, chopped spinach, chopped cooked ham, shredded cheddar cheese onto one half of the pan.
Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning over the omelette.
Once the omelette has cooked almost all the way through, fold it over itself. Cook for a couple more minutes and serve.
Hint: It’s important to use a clean non-stick pan to make the perfect omelette. You can use a little butter or olive oil on the pan first, but I actually prefer making mine without any fat in the pan.
- Spinach – instead of spinach, you can use arugula for a nuttier taste
- Bell pepper – use chopped tomato instead of bell pepper for a different taste
- Vegetarian – leave the ham out for a vegetarian option
Everything Bagel Omelette
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cooked ham chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup spinach chopped
- 1 tsp everything bagel seasoning
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs until they're fluffy. Pour them into a hot non-stick skillet.
- Sprinkle the chopped bell pepper, chopped spinach, chopped cooked ham, shredded cheddar cheese onto one half of the pan over the eggs.
- Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning over the omelette.
- Once the omelette has cooked almost all the way through, use a spatula to fold it over itself in half. Cook for a couple more minutes and serve.
These nutrition values are estimates only. Read my full nutrition disclaimer here.