Today, I’m excited to share a simple recipe that’s not only a treat for your taste buds but also a burst of warmth and nutrition for those chilly winter days – the Cozy Veggie Glow Bowl!
We’ve been experiencing bitterly cold weather here lately, and I haven’t been in the mood for cold salads at lunch time. Regardless, I still want to eat my vegetables at lunch! Enter this yummy and cozy veggie glow bowl. With the warm, roasted veggies and tangy sauce, it’s the perfect dish to enjoy on a cold winter’s day. You can add or swap ingredients to really make it your own – there’s so many variations! Today I’m sharing my favourite one.
- Sweet potato
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper & garlic powder
- Avocado (half)
- Baby spinach
- Chia seeds
- Perfect Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Roasted chickpeas (optional, but highly recommended for extra protein)
See recipe card for quantities.
- Chop and Roast the Veggies:
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. While it’s warming up, chop up some sweet potato, carrots, and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Spread them out on a baking sheet, drizzle them with olive oil and spices, and let them roast until they achieve that perfect golden-brown glow.
- Lemon Tahini Sauce:
While your veggies are sizzling away, whip up a tangy lemon tahini sauce. You can find my easy Perfect Lemon Tahini Sauce recipe here, and it’ll last you all week! Adjust the ingredients to suit your taste buds!
- Assemble Your Bowl:
Once your veggies are roasted to perfection, grab a large, shallow bowl. Layer it with the warm, roasted veggies, followed by half an avocado, a handful of baby spinach, and a sprinkle of arugula. This combination not only provides a vibrant color palette but also a variety of nutrients.
- Drizzle the Magic:
Now, the pièce de résistance – drizzle that luscious lemon tahini sauce all over your bowl. The creamy texture and zesty flavor will tie everything together in a harmonious dance of flavors.
- Finishing Touch:
Top it off with a sprinkle of chia seeds for that extra crunch and a boost of omega-3 fatty acids. If you’re feeling adventurous and want to up the protein game, toss in some roasted chickpeas. Need a recipe? I’ve got you covered with this Air Fryer Roasted Chickpeas recipe!
Triple or quadruple the roasted vegetables and store them separately to enjoy with other dishes throughout the week. I always love to have them readily available in my fridge to eat hot or cold!
- Sweet potato, carrots & cauliflower – use your favourite vegetables, or whatever’s in season. This cozy veggie glow bowl would also be good with roasted broccoli, brussels sprouts, cherry tomatoes… you name it!
- Lemon tahini sauce – substitute with your favourite dressing. This bowl would also be yummy with an avocado based herb dressing.
- Flexitarian/Omnivore – add some cooked, chopped chicken or shrimp to the bowl
Cozy Veggie Glow Bowl Recipe
Cozy Veggie Glow Bowl Recipe
- 1/4 sweet potato medium, chopped
- 1 carrot medium, chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 avocado medium
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Chop the sweet potato, carrots, and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Spread them out on a baking sheet, drizzle them with olive oil and spices, and let them roast until golden brown – about 30 minutes. Toss them in the middle.
- Once your veggies are roasted, grab a large, shallow bowl. Layer it with the warm, roasted veggies, followed by half an avocado, a handful of baby spinach, and a sprinkle of arugula.
- Drizzle Perfect Lemon Tahini Sauce (See Note 1) or your favourite sauce over the bowl, and sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Optional: add 1/4 cup roasted chickpeas to the bowl for extra protein.
These nutrition values are estimates only. Read my full nutrition disclaimer here.
There you have it – a Cozy Veggie Glow Bowl that’s not only a feast for the eyes but also a nutritional powerhouse. This dish is perfect for a quick lunch or a heartwarming dinner during the winter months.
Give it a try, and let me know how your DIY Veggie Glow Bowl turns out! Don’t forget to share your creations on social and tag me: @yummywholefoodrecipes.