Curious to know what I eat while doing the Gina Livy program? Let me show you what a Gina Livy meal plan looks like for me.
Since launching this blog on January 1st, I've been surprised to hear how many of you are curious about the Gina Livy program. While I'm not posting recipes that are solely based on this diet plan, this program was what launched my health journey and passion for whole foods in 2022. You can read more about my health journey here, but in short - I lost 25 pounds and feel amazing on this program. I'm doing my 3rd and final round right now, so I thought I'd share my meal plan for the first few weeks of Gina's program. (Note: the program does change slightly week to week, so this is just the basics! If you want more info on the program, head to the Gina Livy site.)
What IS the Gina Livy program?
It's a 12 week program created by Canadian weight loss expert, Gina Livy. I find it to be very affordable, completely doable, and I love the focus on all aspects of health - mental, emotional and physical. You can read more about it here. I found out about it through a friend who also had great success with it.
Is there a specific Gina Livy meal plan?
Not really. You are guided each week as to what sorts of food groups to include in each meal and approximately when to eat each meal, but the specific foods are up to you. You can make your meals as complicated or as simple as you wish. My approach is usually pretty simple (I almost always have the same yogurt bowl for breakfast), but of course I love to experiment every once in a while as this new food blog shows! 🙂
My Gina Livy Meal Plan
For weeks 1-3
- 1 cup hot water with 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, then 10 minutes later...
- 1 cup maple vanilla latte
- ½ cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp natural nut & seed butter (I love the Kirkland one from Costco!)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp Ancient Grains & Super Seeds Blend (a blend of whole grains and seeds)
- 1 tbsp frozen berries (like blueberries or raspberries)
- a small apple or orange
- a vegetable-loaded buddha bowl like this one with leafy greens, vegetables, protein & healthy fats
Afternoon Snack 1
- baby carrots and garlic hummus
Afternoon Snack 2
- ¼ cup mixed nuts
- a protein-forward sheet pan dinner like these ones with protein like chicken or fish, vegetables, and a leafy green salad on the side
- water, coffee & herbal tea (I drink about 4 liters of fluids each day; mostly in water)
I hope that helps give you an idea of my Gina Livy meal plan during the first few weeks of the program! My favourite part about this program is that I'm eating nutritious whole foods that make me feel fantastic... and they make my whole family feel good too. It's a win-win!
Noreen Bell says
Thank you for the inspiration. I am on my second round with Gina and I have found January difficult. I needed to read this.
I'm glad you found this helpful! January is tough all around. I'm so happy February is almost here!